Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Senior Life

It's sad to say, but there are few real benefits to being a senior. We were told we should look forward to it but I don't think it's much different than any other year.

Save one difference.

The excuse of being a senior is apparently a valid one. The world accepts "it's my senior year" as a legitimate excuse. It entitles you to a place at the front of the line and a few extra days off and a main lot parking permit for no reason at all except "but it's your senior year".

And I hear kids around me buying into that logic. People worry about getting their yearbook and going to the all-night party because they CAN'T miss things like that, it's their senior yeeeeear. Or he deserves that solo because it's his senior yeeear.

I haven't tested its limitations yet, but I think the excuse can be used to pardon a wide variety of reckless behaviors.

I don't think it will get you out of getting a minor, but things like racing grocery carts down the street or flying to California with your friends become quite acceptable or even normal if it's your senior year.

Aw I remember being a senior in high school. Huh good days..... Okay you kids do whatever you want.
-Old people

No comments:

Post a Comment