Saturday, March 2, 2013

A letter, from me.


I guess I always knew that the end was close at hand
But I need to remember this can't actually be the end
See, it's rough, cuz you really were always there, by choice or by chance
I guess I began waiting, expecting your saving hand
The realization just came lately how similar we've become
My limitation to imitation is responsible for us
Cuz no one knows me as well as you know
I'm not scared to lose a brother, I'm scared to lose a hero

I just called to say,
I can't deal well with this change
I've got quite the shoes to fill.

I just called to tell you,
Things won't be the same without you
I don't miss you yet but I know I will.

We've shared bedrooms, I guess we've shared laundry baskets
We've seen victories and we've carried each others' disappointments
You taught me the kind of man I'd like to see in me
You taught me of the perfect world in which I believe
The way I walk, talk, sing, smile, man that was YOU
You taught me to find humility like I saw you do
You taught the way I dress, the way I see the world
I don't like to admit it, but you and I, we've grown old

You taught me to love, respect, and accept
I am slowly building me, but with you, I am my best
You helped me find a living that's honest and true
Bro, everything I am I took straight from the book of you



I love you brother. I always have, I always will.
I love the faith you planted in me that's ever-growing still
I love the example you gave, the rescuing wisdom you tossed to me
Cuz it was you who noticed I was becoming lost at sea

You're better than me. That will always be true.
You're a bigger, stronger, smarter man and bro...I love that too. :)
I look up to you, I follow your every step
I admire your heart and the next years will be a test
Cuz who's gonna fill that giant gap in our family you're leaving?
Who will guide me? Who will give me someone to believe in?
Who will smile at the neighbors? Where's the cook? The tutor?
We never did deserve all the things that you were
But we'll live on with less of you, I know that we'll need to
I'll stand on mine own, cuz you can't always guide me through

You showed me to an overflowing well when I was thirsty
My prayers are with you bro, good luck at the University

I'm always with you bro, even at the university.

No comments:

Post a Comment